Bathe The World Foundation
Founded in 2018 by Professor Marc Cohen, Charles Davidson, Franca Smarrelli, Ingo Schweder and Therese Kerr. The foundation’s mission is to explore and promote the benefits of bathing and provide access to clean flowing water through research, education, advocacy, awareness campaigns, events and the provision of bathing facilities.
One of the foundation’s key activities is supporting the annual 22 June World Bathing Day celebration, in particular using social media to raise awareness about the universal importance of water in our daily lives.
children die from water-related disease everyday
million hours are spent everyday by women gathering water.
billion people lack access to bathing water
Our action-oriented organisation focuses on increasing awareness, education, raising funds for community projects, international events and research.
Specific activities include:
- UN Petition for June 22 to be recognised as “World Bathing Day”
- Annual World Bathing Day celebration, June 22
- #babyinabucket social media campaign
- Fundraising through Hotels and Tourism Operators
- Bathe the World event, Australia, June 22 2023
- Triple-bottom-line bathing research and development
- Solar Water Purifiers for underprivileged communities
Help us Bathe the World
Everyone can get involved, whether you’re an individual, a family, community group, government, business or organisation you can make a difference.
Here’s our quick tips on how to get started:
Working together to make a difference
Bathe the World Foundation works in conjunction with the Global Wellness Institute (GWI) through its main administration, as well as through its Hot Springs Initiative.